As you may know, I often make money through a variety of means with this space, my YouTube and social media. Let me break down those for you, so you can have a better understanding of when I’m being paid and what for…
Sponsored Blog Posts
These will always be declared with ‘AD’ in the title and then a sentence at the beginning declaring the partnership.
Sponsored Social Media Posts
Where I have been paid to promote something, I will always mark it with AD at the beginning of the caption, tweet or post.
Whether in blog, video or social media post form, will always be marked as AD – Gifted item/experience/trip to comply with ASA regulations but also to denote the nature of the collaboration.
Previous Brand Relationships
In this case, if I have worked with a brand on previous but not current content I will inform you of the previous collaboration if it took place within a year.
I will declare whether there are affiliate links within a post, either within the title or the first sentence on my blog, or by using AD – Affiliate on Instagram Stories. I will then mark individual links with AD – Affiliate on my blog so you know that you’re about to click one.
Affiliate links do not cost you money. They just kick back a few pennies to me and can be a great way to support creators!
If you have any more questions on how I earn money and how it affects you, please feel free to contact my fabulous management team.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. THE PROMOTER
2. THE PRIZE DRAW
2.1 The terms and conditions apply to the Now I Know P&O Cruises Prize Draw available on the Instagram channel of Louise Pentland available at: https://www.instagram.com/louisepentland/. By entering this prize draw, you will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of P&O Cruises that immediately follow these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
3.2 To take part in this prize draw, you will need to like the relevant Instagram post as directed and then comment within the post with the @ handle of another person who you think would like to enter the Now I Know P&O Cruises Prize Draw.
3.3 Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
3.4 All entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 9.45 pm on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
3.5 The Promoter will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
4.2 In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
4.4 Only one entry per person will be permitted. If you enter more than once, you will be disqualified.
5.1 The prize is a 7-night cruise for two adults on board P&O Cruises’ Iona ship, to the Norwegian Fjords round-trip from Southampton courtesy of P&O Cruises. The full terms and conditions, from P&O Cruises relating to the Prize will follow these terms and conditions and must be read in conjunction with these terms and conditions.
5.2 The Promoter may substitute the prize (or any part of the prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of the prize) and the prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable.
5.3 If any winner is not able to accept the prize for any reason, or cannot be contacted within 3 days of the draw date, the promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
5.4 Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize where applicable and as outlined above the terms and conditions from P&O Cruises that follow these terms and conditions will apply and must be read.
6.2 The winner will be announced on the YouTube Channel of Louise Pentland available at: https://www.youtube.com/c/Louisepentland/featured at 10.00pm on Thursday 21st April 2022.
6.3 The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable and the winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram within 3 working days of the prize draw.
7.1 If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 3 days from the receipt of the direct message on Instagram to claim the prize by replying to the direct message on Instagram. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
7.3 The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 3 days of the direct message on Instagram, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
8.1 There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 8.2 and 8.3 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs (8.1, 8.2, 8.3) include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the prize draw.
8.2 The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the prize draw; and
b) any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c) problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and/or
d) any act or default of any third party supplier.
8.3 The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
8.4 Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
8.5 The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
8.6 Please note that this prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap or any other social media platform. You acknowledge that the social media platform on which this prize draw is hosted bears no responsibility for this prize draw and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release the social media platform from any liability whatsoever in connection with this prize draw. You understand that the information you provide is provided to the Promoter (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to the social media platform.
8.7 If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the prize draw, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
8.8 The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
9. PERSONAL DETAILS
9.1 The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this prize draw.
10.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the prize draw.
P&O Cruises Prize Terms and Conditions
Iona – Fjords
1. This prize is exclusively for NSPCC.
2. The prize is a 7-night cruise to the Norwegian Fjords round-trip from Southampton (UK), travelling on P&O Cruises’ Iona ship.
3. The prize is available to take between June 4, 2022 to July 2, 2022 (G217, G218, G219, G220 or G221). The winner’s booking of the Prize must be confirmed no later than four weeks prior to departure date.
4. The prize is based on P&O Cruises’ Early Saver Price benefits – please refer to P&O Cruises booking conditions (no onboard credit or promotional offers are included).
5. The prize is based on two adults sharing a balcony cabin on Iona.
6. The prize includes accommodation, main meals and entertainment on board. It does not include on board credit, drinks, speciality dining, shore excursions, personal expenses, spa treatments or other personal expenses incurred.
7. The prize does not include any associated costs such as travel to and from Southampton.
8. Valid documentation including but not limited to a passport (with validity for six months or more beyond the date of travel), covid-19 vaccination status (where applicable) and adequate travel insurance is a condition of travel.
9. The winner and their guest(s) must adhere to P&O Cruises covid-19 requirements at time of travel. Please see website for details (https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/booking-with-confidence).
10. Once booked the winner will manage their own booking through the P&O Cruises online portal.
11. The prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for any other cruise, prize or cash alternative.
12. The cruise is subject to availability at time of booking and to national and local travel public health restrictions. P&O Cruises reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value where it becomes necessary to do so, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the cruise in accordance with government guidelines.
13. The winner and their guest(s) will be bound by P&O Cruises booking terms and conditions, for details visit www.pocruises.com.
14. The winner‘s details will be passed to Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises by NSPCC, who will contact the winner with details of how to claim their prize and arrange their booking.
15. The prize has been provided by Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises (“P&O Cruises”), Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1ST.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the winner submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The winner’s personal information provided to P&O Cruises will be processed in accordance with P&O Cruises’ privacy notice available at www.pocruises.com/legal-and-privacy/privacy/privacy-notice. P&O Cruises will use the personal information to process and fulfil the prize.
If the winner has chosen to receive information and offers from P&O Cruises, the personal information provide will also be used for this purpose. Where necessary, P&O Cruises may share personal information about the winner with other Carnival group companies and our suppliers, agents, sub-contractors or other commercial partners, including those outside of the EU, and will use appropriate safeguards when doing so.
P&O Cruises will retain personal information about the winner for no longer than necessary for the purpose of processing, and the winner may withdraw consent to processing at any time. The winner may obtain, correct, or erase personal information about themself, and restrict or object to processing. The winner also has the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
For more information contact P&O Cruises at: P&O Cruises PR, Carnival plc, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST.